I wanted to hop on quickly to let you know that I have not abandonned you, my beloved readers. (Well, that and the blog police will be here soon so I had better have fresh content or else!) It has been an insane month. So much better than March, though. A good busy. These are either the half written posts I promise to finish by the end of the week or just random thoughts I have had in the past week.
- Gabriella celebrated her 8th birthday. (I wrote about her amazing story and how she renewed my Faith on my Parenting Magazine blog column.)
- The anniversary/birthday of our stillborn son came and shocked me when I realized he would have been 17 years old this year. SEVENTEEN?! I don’t even know how it is possible to be that long ago. I sang him Happy Birthday and made a birthday wish in his memory.
- I pondered ways to actually become the first mom to have Hallmark‘s love child. I am not sure of the actual specifications of how that will be physically possible, but I am looking into it. Why? Because I fell in love and sometimes when you fall in love you want to have a love child. There is nothing wrong with that! And I imagine the baby will look a lot like Hillary Swank. I’m just saying. More on Hallmark, love children and why I wept in the hallways of one of the most energetic and creative buildings I have ever been inside after a VP of creative writing and editorials and a published author herself (whose creative energy just crackled off of her!) stopped to talk to me and shared something special with me about why she believed April would be a good month and why she knew last month’s March 6th would bring me luck. It made me cry. (A good way.) And? I discoverd there are actually some mom bloggers and PR reps who are generous in dealing with an old lady (me) who has teenagers. (GASP! Teenagers!!)
- I am sure that if I do the research, I will discover that the underwire bra was originally the idea of a man who hated his wife and/or girlfriend.
- I love to travel. I love to meet new people. I have discovered that when I see things first hand and experience them with my own eyes and ears, I really do become a brand-loyal-almost-but-not-quite-to-the-point-of-obsessive-stalker. (Even if I thought I already was, I become more so.) One might call me a product whore. I might hit that person but one might say it.
- If you are on an airplane and you have a new Nintendo DSi and are playing with the camera feature, you just might get a free drink out of the deal if you let the flight attendant play with it. Not that I am actually admitting that happened. I am just saying that if you did have one and you did let her play with it that might happen.
Well, those are just some random thoughts. If they were real blog posts I would link to them and send you over to read all about them. These are just random thoughts I thought I would share with you.
I’m just saying.